Monday, December 10, 2007

3 weeks before going back, and I do wish that I had more time here in the US of A.

Today was probably my last time in Grace Church, took some pictures cos I really had fond memories there. The church is great, they really have good preaching that hits hard and challenges us to live lives for God, and yet they do it in a loving way and in a "try it cos God will reward you and you won't regret it" way, which is a nice way cos carrots always work better than sticks.

No, not in the 21st century.... sticks don't work anymore. The hell-fire and brimstone theology of earlier times has gone out of fashion.

I made some good friends here with the Americans and other internationals, and the weird thing is that I'll probably never ever meet them'all when I leave this country. Like NEVER NEVER EVER since we live on opposite ends of the globe. Really an interesting thought, like they're here for a season and gone forever. Really makes people think about the meaning of friendships.

At least the people in church say to me that "they'll see me in eternity", and I reply the same to them. It's a very beautiful thought, to spend forever and ever with people that are nice and lovely and whom we could not spend time with on this earth. But many of my friends are non-religious, and it's doubtful if we can share this same hope.

No comments: