Monday, August 13, 2007


My room in Bowery! It's basically a cupboard with a bed in it. Five nights here for a six-footer like me!


Night view from outside my Bowery "hotel" (if you can even call it one). I felt very safe all through my N.Y stay, even at night. I heard that it was Giuliani had cleaned up the area a lot. Before him, this area would have been full of strip clubs. Also, I stayed downtown at Manhatten throughout and didn't go uptown to the Bronx at night. That's the negro place, bound to be much more dangerous. I was confident (and some say, naive) enough to stay out past midnight a couple of days.



Glitsy lights at Times Square. I love Times Square it's so big, so grand, so bright, I could spend a couple of full days there just looking.



Street performers at Times Square! Buskers in NY enter subway trains and entertain everyone! Active street life.


Friggin' hot Asian babe at Times Square



The NASDAQ building. We went after the stock markets had closed, if not you'd be seeing stock figures behind us.


M&M's store in Times Square!

The American flag hangs proudly at Grand Central. Actually it hangs proudly from half of the buildings over here. One wonders why we don't even allow Singapore buildings to fly the flag (except around National Day), to show our love for the country.


Virgin Megastore at Union Square! Check out the loo!


No comments: