Monday, August 13, 2007

Day 6! Saturday.


The next day was Saturday August 11. We went to the statue of liberty in the morning, At the ferry terminal to liberty island there was this busker guy who asked us where we were from, and played the Majulah Singapura after we told him we were from Singapore! Utterly impressive. Like, how many anthems does he know man?.

There was this guy who set up a store giving out Christian Tracts, at Times Square Subway station. He also lined the walls with Bible verses. God must be pleased with this man’s devotion, his is really a precious ministry. Only problem is that he was giving out Chick Ministry tracts, blasting Jews and Catholics and saying that they must all do things the evangelical way. Jews, I agree, cos they rejected Jesus, salvation probably is a bit eeky for them (though I would not say that they definitely had no salvation) but again I feel that Catholics are Christians with salvation, and we’d see them in heaven.

My religious views are pretty liberal, but I have to hold on to them to be true to myself, and to be able to say that I am intellectually true to myself, that I have intellectual integrity.

Store giving out tracts - Times Square Subway Station

No comments: