Saturday, May 3, 2008



Found this in one of my photo folders. This was one of the last things I saw before I left the USA: it was taken at Los Angeles International, kind of announcing my return to my country.

It's actually a poignant picture, considering the amount of time I had spent overseas, and everything I'd learnt and experienced over there. It was kind of like a signal to me, that I was returning home, back to the world that I grew up in, that life was going to be changed but constant, different but the same.

The word "Singapore" had hardly been on the tip of my tongue when I was overseas, but now I was returning to it. It had been out of my mind, but now my reality would again consist solely of it.

The picture was America wishing me farewell, and Singapore welcoming me back, all at once.

The theme of "returning home" weighs strongly on my mind. I could probably write a small treatise on it, but I'm not in the mood right now.

No comments: