Monday, November 26, 2007

life's not terribly fun now, but God's reminding me that He's in control

Church yesterday was about God requiring that we have faith in Him in all things, and Quiet Time showed a passage reminding us that the Father is in control of our situations, of the today and tomorrow, that He "remembers that we are dust" and will not allow us to be tempted more than we can bear. And last evening I attended the Episcopal Service at the Chapel of the Cross, which proclaimed Christ as Christ the King over our life's circumstances, reminding that we have victory in Christ, final victory no matter what life throws at us. Apparently the last Sunday of the Liturgical year was yesterday, and it's the Sunday of "Christ the King".

Everytime I seek God God will reassure me, but often in life I turn my attentions away, or get distracted, or my faith in God just fails and the problem(s) I face seem so much bigger. Today I just felt that the world was terribly grey over dinner at Lenoir... it's the same old "breakup" condition, which feels terrible every single time. Reading her blog is the most torturing thing in the world, and I should not do it anymore.

I squeezed in Pulp Fiction today, and it was quite a disappointing movie I think. But I'm just getting into the "watching movies at the bottom of the UL" mode... they really have a million movies there, ostensibly for academic purposes but probably for some students to de-stress as well. And I'm doing that to get my mind off things.

But I spent my evening with Zhiqi and Alexius, and it was great, we slacked in the computer lab and I watched YouTube, and we had food at Time Out and played the piano at Cobb's first level. The piano was the best, it was such a good sing-along session. I love music, it takes my mind off things. All in all it was a good night, a fun night, and I should thank God for it.

No comments: